I caught this tractor disc-ing a field along Highway 99 today. There were two tractors loosening the ground all the way up to the telephone poles near the road.
The silhouette of two trees found on Perkins Road
Reflecting on the question: What do I want to do in 2015?
I’ve been processing this question since the holiday break when I was playing board games with a group of young people. One of our group members was working on her list of 100 things she wanted to do in 2015. On her list were fun things like…Have people over to my house…Go to Iceland…Make new friends. At the end of 2014, this young person evaluated her list and was happy to share she had made 4 new friends.
This got me thinking about lists and writing out goals and preferences for this coming year. I believe if you know what you are looking for, you are more apt to find it. Writing your hopes and plans out makes them more likely they will become a reality. And making a list of things I want to do in 2015 would give me focus and a benchmark to let me know if I am making progress. I’ve found myself thinking about doing quite a few things like hiking new trails, taking classes, trying new recipes, starting a new exercise routine…but not following through with anything.
Here are 14 things I want to do this year. I will keep you updated on how it’s going.
1. Walk the dogs more. We are doing extended dog sitting with the two sweet pups below. I need to exercise more and so do they.
Kaya is a border collie-dachshund mix and Soma is a Basenji. No worries, both pups get along with our cat, Cheddar!
2. Hike 3-5 new trails…bring the dogs along.
3. Change up my diet…eat less calories and exercise more.
4. Find exercise I enjoy doing and make time for it.
5. Finish writing the short story trilogy I started.
6. Blog a devotion a week for you.
7. Make and sell two or more quilts this year.
8. Finish sewing/quilting my son Wesley’s quilt
9. Meet new people and make a new friend or two.
10. Pursue my next course of training and sign up for the classes.
11. Continue taking pictures…look into taking a photography class…sign up…and do it
12. Start cleaning out the garage and selling the things I don’t need.
13. Teach a person how to sew…a dress…make a quilt, etc.
14. Do something that scares me and stretches me, at the same time…not bungie jumping though. Something that pushes me out of my comfort zone!
What do you want to do this year?